Important Things About the Ebola Outbreak
- You’re not hearing enough about it because it’s happening in Africa. Plain and simple. Western Media (of which I was once a naive member) does not consider the deaths of non-whites and non-Westerners as important, so while this disease kills, it isn’t killing the right people to get enough attention.
- With that said, officials have made it clear that they think there’s no chance the disease could spread outside of Africa, and definitely not to the United States.
- That’s bullshit, in my opinion. I’ve spent a lot of time researching disease transmission, viruses, etc., both professionally and in my spare time. It may not spread, but they can’t know that at this stage. It’s the largest outbreak of Ebola EVER. There are already hundreds dead, and the number is growing.
- "Ebola virus disease (formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever) is a severe, often fatal illness, with a case fatality rate of up to 90%. It is one of the world’s most virulent diseases.The infection is transmitted by direct contact with the blood, body fluids and tissues of infected animals or people. Severely ill patients require intensive supportive care. During an outbreak, those at higher risk of infection are health workers, family members and others in close contact with sick people and deceased patients." [x]
- There is no cure and no vaccine, and most people are not educated on protecting themselves from this disease.
- Don’t freak out, but we should all be paying attention.
LETS PLAY A GAME. It’s called: Who directed it TIM BURTON or HENRY SELICK
We’ll start with the 2009 Laika film Coraline based on the novel by Neil Gaiman. Do you know who directed it? Burton or Selick?
Did you guess yet?
If you guessed Henry Selick, you would be correct. Tim Burton actually had absolutely nothing to do with Coraline at all in anyway ever. Reminder: Tim Burton has NOTHING to do with Coraline. At all. But that was an easy one. Let’s go to the Walt Disney Pictures adaptation of Roald Dahl’s novel, James and the Giant Peach next.
Think you got it? Are you sure? Better double check…
Oh, look. It’s Henry Selick again! Tim Burton actually interacted with this project, though only as a producer. Bet that was tricky… Next one! Let’s go to the Disney/Touchstone Pictures film Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Have you guessed it correctly? Have you really?
Yep that’s right. Even Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas was directed by Henry Selick. Though Burton wrote the poem and created the characters in which Nightmare was based he didn’t have much interaction with the project beyond that. At the time he had already signed off to direct the film Batman Returns and did not want to be involved with the “painstakingly slow process of stop-motion animation.”
Looks like it was a trick quiz. But now you know Henry Selick, whom people rarely know of is responsible for many of the most well known stop-motion animated films. The more you know!
I was doing all fine and dandy, until I thought of a thing and now I am feeling….
HOW IS THIS SUCH BEAUTIFUL QUALITY?
CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY JOLIE’S DAUGHTER PLAYING YOUNG AURORA AND HOW TALENTED THIS WOMAN IS TO ACT OUT NOT WANTING TO HOLD AND CUDDLE HER OWN LITTLE WOMB NUGGET LIKE GOTDAMN WOMAN YOU GOOD.